Hydrocarbon Expert™ is the most powerful software for detailed hydrocarbon analysis available today. Novel capabilities such as ‘On-Screen Peak ID’ functionality makes identifying individual peaks intuitively simple and built in comprehensive pattern recognition overcomes the inconvenience caused by retention time-shifting due to column ageing.
All of the standard DHA testing methods including: ASTM D5134, ASTM D6729, ASTM D6730, ASTM D6733, ASTM D7900, IP-344 and IP-601 are supported. And, when combined with our complimentary Merge Expert™ software, the accuracy of your high temperature/crude oil distillation data can be greatly improved.
Hydrocarbon Expert™ comes with a database containing ~650 individual peaks many identified using GC-MS and a special naphtha blend to use to calibrate your GC. Adding to the existing database or creating your very own is very straightforward.
Software Capability Highlights
- Comprehensive-time mapping (Sure ID™) technology is applied to the full chromatogram, not just a few select ‘marker’ peaks to ensure all components are correctly identified.
- Highly intuitive graphical user interface.
- Includes pre-loaded component database with ~650 components; many with identifies confirmed by MS) for various sample matrices and test method conditions (ex. carrier gas type).
- Includes retention time calibration standard (special naphtha blend).
- An unlimited number of databases can be created and maintained.
- Built-in peak integrator simplifies the analysis workflow; eliminates the need to go back and forth between GC data system and Hydrocarbon Expert when re-processing results.
- User security levels can be assigned for enhanced security.
- Analysis results can be reported by: summary by group and/or carbon#, composite by carbon#; calculated boiling point; calculated octane number(s); components by time, group, carbon and/or carbon & group, calculated D86, physical properties (ex. API gravity, avg. molecular weight, specific gravity, RVP, % hydrogen, E200/E300, gross heating value, C/H ratio, bromine number and % oxygen) as well as formulas defined by the user.
- Available ‘MS’ module to exploit the power of mass spectrometry to identify unknowns and co-eluting species without leaving Hydrocarbon Expert.
- Reports can be exported to ASCII (LIMS) or MS Excel and OpenOffice.
Need more information?
Contact Us Today
Test Methods Supported
- ASTM D5134.
- ASTM D6729.
- ASTM D6730.
- ASTM D6733.
- ASTM D7900.
- IP 344.
- IP 601.