SimDis® Expert is the most powerful simulated distillation data analysis software available today.
It meets or exceeds all of the requirements of existing and proposed standard test methods used in the world today. Its graphical interface is broadly recognized as the easiest to learn and use.
SimDis® Expert is compatible with all popular gas chromatography data systems and is available in several versions including support for non-traditional detectors including mass spectrometers. It can be installed on a PC or on a network server.
We’ve been directly involved in developing, testing, and evolving simulated distillation test methods for over 40 years. And, our SimDis® Expert software reflects this.
Capabilities Added in Version 10:
- Embedded test method parameters, standards/reference material information.
- Fully customizable reports.
- Automatically connects with any GC data system; including the latest version of Agilent OpenLAB CDS.
- Selective detector support (SCD, NCD, FPD, AED, MS).
Software Capability Highlights
- User access levels can be assigned for enhanced security.
- Cut points can be defined by the user.
- ASTM D86 and D1160 correlations.
- Physical characteristics: liquid/vapor ratio, Reid Vapor Pressure, gases, Motor Oil Volatility, % recovery, NOACK volatility, CETANE index, flashpoint.
- On-screen peak identification with component names; no typing required.
- On-screen sample analysis – chromatograms, calculations, and plots are all displayed on the same screen.
- Standard report formats; all reports can be easily customized.
- Custom calculations can be created and applied.
- Multiple reports can be compared on screen or on paper.
- Powerful built-in peak integrator with an expanded set of integration parameters to save time and effort if reprocessing is required.
- ‘Intelligent’ elution detection algorithm.
- Calculations and plots are automatically adjusted when the start and/or end of elution mark is changed by the user.
- Boiling point table can be easily customized.
- Crude oil blending simulation(s) can be performed.
- Built-in ‘Merge Expert’ to merge DHA data (ex. D7900) to correct the front end of the boiling point for high-temperature methods (ex. D7169 and D6352).
- Multiple detector channels (ex. FID, SCD, MS) can be monitored simultaneously.
- ‘MS’ module available for aromatics and saturates (hydrocarbon group type) analysis.
- Automatic detection of ‘quenching window’.
- Analysis results can be automatically exported as MS Excel, ASCII, CSV file (ex. to a LIMS).
- And much more!
Need more information?
Contact Us Today
Test Methods Supported
D2425, D3710, D2887, D5307, D5399, D6352, D7096, D7169, D7213, D7398, D7500, D7807, IP 406, IP 480, IP 507, IP 545, EN 15199-1, EN 15199-2, EN 15199-3, ISO 3924, DIN 51435.